Friday, April 23, 2010

Stealth Sketching, Part 1

I'm trying to be more artistically responsible these days, which means 1) carrying around a sketchbook ALL THE TIME, and 2) drawing everything. I'm really not so good at keeping a sketchbook...I try, but usually when I break it out this happens:



I miss all the good stuff.

After going to the grocery store to pursue my new goal, I realized: it's not easy to sketch on the sly. There are certain things you have to remember...


1) Camouflage


2) Maintain your distance


3) Try to get a good angle

Part 2-- What happens if you're noticed?

6 comments:

Daron Leah Nefcy said...

I really like these drawings of drawing people!

Unknown said...

Hilarious stuff, the "hiding in fridge" part is the best!

chrisallison said...

HAHAHHAA you rule Carrie! Lovely sketch style. Really really appealing, damn. I'm in for Part II

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Hahaha--great drawings! I'm bad about hiding my intentions when field sketching. Haven't tried the "hiding in the fridge" strategy yet..you might be on to something there..

Carrie Liao said...

Thanks guys! :)

@Megan: Just remember to bring a scarf!

Chris Palmer said...

Your blog is awesometastic.

 
eXTReMe Tracker