Monday, August 2, 2010

SHARK WEEK MEGAPOST

It's SHARK WEEK!!!

I wanted to participate this year? month? (how often does shark week happen?) because I've been wanting to do a week of consistent updating, and sharks seemed as good a topic as any. Also, sharks rock. Tragically, I haven't had cable since I was...around 12...but if I can't watch 'em, I might as well draw 'em!

I'm pretty much late for Sunday and Monday, so I'm just going to put them with Tuesday's shark for one big post!

Sunday:: sand tiger shark




Monday:: port jackson shark!


This shark is so cute! Its mouth area reminded me of mustaches...and then mutton chops:

Tuesday:: zebra shark

They are so named because juveniles have yellowish stripes, though they eventually take on a more spotted appearance. Ha, I'm learning so many things from this...the more you know!
---------------------------------------------------------
Maybe one day the cookie cutter shark will be featured?

they're kinda dinky, but wonderfully creepy!

I'm going to do my best to actually keep up with the rest of shark week, but I only have a little free time left and suddenly it seems like there's way too much to do. auuuggggh

anyway, YEAHHHH, SHARK WEEEEEK!!!
shark post

11 comments:

EricWu said...

Hey now, are you calling tiger sharks fat? Awesome post btw.

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Yay! These are awesome!

Megan Nicole Dong said...

The starfish over the eyes one and the ice cream drawing are so hilarious and nice use of megashark v. giant octopus footage. hahaha. Freaking awesome!

Tooninator said...

Soooo awesome!!

Mike Nassar said...

where are you learning about all these sharks? just google? or a cool documentary?

awesome animated .gif, and even awesomer designs/drawings :)

Kristen said...

Woah, these are all rad!! I love them all :D Nice job!

Carrie Liao said...

@eric: I would never say such things about the magnificent tiger shark!

@mike: It's all from my random google-images research! ...I wish I could watch all the cool documentaries on the discover channel :(

Thanks, guys! :)

Maha said...

Your drawings are nommy. Awesome work Carrie.

Gabby Zapata said...

hahah these are amazing! the ice cream one makes me laugh so much. I love seeing all the shark blog posts lately everywhere!

Alice Marie said...

tee hee. Win!

OMG WE SHOULD DO LUNCH. THIS WEEK.

Photos Ocean said...

Creating a shark drawing is an exhilarating artistic endeavor that allows one to capture the essence of these majestic marine creatures on paper or canvas. The process involves carefully delineating the distinctive features of a shark, from its sleek, streamlined body to its powerful fins and razor-sharp teeth. Artists often employ various techniques to convey the dynamic nature of sharks, using bold strokes to illustrate movement and shadow to add depth.

 
eXTReMe Tracker