Monday, August 1, 2011

08 Shark week! -- Great hammerhead

Huzzah! It's shark week!! So...every year when this blessed event happens, artists unite to draw these magnificent creatures all week. First up is the Great Hammerhead!

I tried doing some watercolor sharks first, but they turned out so awfully that I gave up and did the rest in photoshop. The paper just didn't agree with me, but I put them up anyway.




If you want to be part of the shark-drawing party, check out the shark of the day at:
http://sharkweeksketchjam.deviantart.com/
Share your sharks! :)

Other Shark Bloggies! (if you did a shark, let me know so I link your beautiful art):

Megan Nicole Dong
Mike Nassar
Eric Wu
Nate Villanueva
Tiffany Ford
Ian Abando
Alejandra

9 comments:

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Aww...Though you say you struggled with them, I really like your watercolor guys! Yay Shark Week!!

Austin Madison said...

These are fantastic, particularly the color studies. I imagine a squid at the end of that color swatch, inking it out.

Ryan Green said...

Those cheery-colored, happy-mouthed ones are adorable.

Josh 'Hat' Lieberman said...

i think i got the gif working, blogger was being fussy.

cool sharks!

Auloup said...

Your sharks are lovely~ Especially the orange one♥

Alejandra said...

http://alexquintasart.blogspot.com

been tryin to keep up. These hammer heads make me want to hug them... which I'm assuming is a bad idea.

Alexandre Augusto said...

Beautiful drawings!

Alexandre Augusto said...

Beautiful drawings!

Carrie Liao said...

Thanks, all! :)

 
eXTReMe Tracker