Friday, March 8, 2013

blast from the past

Here's another page from my sketchbook. I'm trying to do the one sketchbook/month thing, which is... difficult...with 120 pages to fill. I figure I can kill some of that with some inking practice--hence, random drawings of random things.

I was seriously into Pokémon when I was younger, though. I spent many a day being anti-social and obsessively playing it on my Gameboy Color. Here's a picture I drew a while back (and then forgot), but I figure it's appropriate for this post. This is a fairly accurate portrait of me in late elementary/junior high school:


If we take a closer look... 

A: I used to spend my whole day on my gameboy. I think I beat Pokémon Yellow/Pikachu edition like..15 times.
B: I had reaaaaaalllly bad skin when I was younger. And I had braces for six years.There's a whole period of my life that is completely undocumented because I refused to be in pictures. I also learned that bangs are an absolute necessity.
C: My standard outfit (year-round) was an oversize hoodie, ill-fitting mom jeans, and ugly sneakers. I boiled in the summer.
D: I had a roller backpack. There are times in your life when you have to weigh health benefits (better posture?) against coolness. Choose coolness.
E: My socks showed, guys. It was not good.

 I'm so glad that time is over.

9 comments:

Anthony Holden said...

Always choose coolness. Words to live by.

James Bourne said...

Ah, Pokémon. Good times.....good times.

Matt Justice said...

more pokemon please

Christina M. said...

Those CHU's....so adorable!!

What a coincidence that I'm currently dusting off my Gameboy Advance to play Pokemon Yellow...sad thing is I gave up my Nintendo handhelds for Lent and can only play on Sundays T_T

NOW said...

I have a hard time imagining that Carrie :-)

Priscilla Wong said...

Dang! Now you're even hotter to me :D

Aminder Dhaliwal said...

haha love the pikachu :3

and socially awkward carrie is still cute as hell :D

Riley MacGregor said...

wicked pickachus...

katie smith said...

Ahhh shades of youth, always fun... or horrifying?... to think back on. (When I first attempted to pluck my eyebrows, I ended up looking like a Vulcan.) Awesome work, looking forward to seeing more!!

 
eXTReMe Tracker