Thursday, November 22, 2007

Leyendecker show + Enchanted

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Last sunday I caught the end of the Leyendecker show...I'm glad I didn't miss it, because it was amazing! His work in print is already impressive, so to see his paintings up close was a real treat.

Here are some sketches--sorry for the lousy scans, I forgot to bring my sketchbook and had to buy a little booklet at the museum giftshop.















Also, went and caught Enchanted today. Overall, I found it to be a great experience. Amy Adams really owns the role, and though you'd think she'd eventually be irritating she just leaves you wanting more.

As for the animation, I have to say that I wasn't that impressed at first. I'm no animation expert, but the first 5 minutes (where Giselle is constructing her dream prince) seem a bit awkward and stiff. It reminded me more of those horrible direct-to-video sequels--though the classic-Disney color palette and backgrounds were lovely--than Disney in its glory days. I enjoyed the animation of Prince Edward much more (but that may also be because he showed more character). The entire segment was still engaging enough to hold my interest. Overall it wasn't the best, but I was just glad to sit back and watch the return to animation.



2 comments:

Mike Nassar said...

awesome stuff. these Leyendecker sketches you cranked out look fantastic.

take care and thanks for dropping by me blog. I'll keep you updated on all my fart/back-hair jokes.

EricWu said...

wow your face sketches look very nice! I can definitely see the leyendecker influence.

 
eXTReMe Tracker