Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Red

...red puppets? redheads? I was trying to think of something to tie this post together but it doesn't really work. Ah, well.
Photobucket

I finally got around to watching "Being Elmo", and it was so good! I'm weak when it comes to anything remotely sad or heartwarming, so I was totally tearing up at my desk. It's pretty inspiring, so if you haven't seen it yet you absolutely should.

And since it's the only other bit of new art I have, here's some Brave fanart.
I actually tried drawing Merida during my plane trip a few weeks ago, but I didn't really have any reference so it was more like a random redhead...with a bow. Also, it helped me realize that it's not that fun drawing on a red-eye flight. The lighting sucks and people are grumpy.



I'm sad that it took me a month to update this :( Some pretty time-consuming (and exciting!) projects are coming up, but I'll try to do better here!

16 comments:

Cheyenne said...

haha i LOVE that gif! if only an elmo would pop out anytime we feel sad to give us a hug, the world would be a better place. Gorgeous watercolors too!

Kenji Ono said...

I love your Marida!
you should also watch 'grave of the fireflies' at your desk. that would be fun too(for people around you)

James C Trujillo said...

I got to go to a Brave art opening and there were so many different versions of Merida that I think yours would fit right in. Also yes, being Elmo was a great documentary. My eyes got a bit watery when he cut up his dad's leather jacket and his dad was nothing but supportive. I wish I had that in my life. Such an amazing journey in that movie.

Lidix said...

Lovit!!!^^

GOGOPEDRO said...

Great looking stuff as always... Killer animation..

Unknown said...

That hair looks like so much fun to draw :D

Heather Dixon said...

Awesome. I'm super excited for Brave. That girl has wicked hair.

Keisha O. said...

I love the gif! They are always so entertaining

Ted Blackman said...

I feel sorry for that puppeteer's arm.. there's gonna be some serious carpal tunnel developing in that shoulder.

I like your sexy redheads.

Darrell said...

Haha Loved Being Elmo.

Percy Bysshe said...

Nice stuff - yeah Elmo!

Nikolas Ilic said...

Awesome Brave fan art!!... like the loose sketches as well :D!

Kevin Lam said...

HAHA hilarious gif! I'd been meaning to watch that Elmo movie, I'll have to put it higher on my priority list now...

Avner Geller said...

This is great Carrie!How can someone not tear up watching this film, right?
thanks for your comment, you totally inspired me with those gifs :)

Liston Morris said...

I'm going to have to learn how to make these gif files that I see everywhere. Vey cool.

Anonymous said...

So good! One of the best I've seen! Thanks for sharing!

 
eXTReMe Tracker